Inca Networks Inc.
Founded in 2008, Inca Networks provides carrier-grade video delivery solutions with a world-class user experience. Our industry-leading intelligent video transcoding, streaming, and monitoring platforms are designed and manufactured in-house. Inca has an extensive list of customers all over the world and our product roadmap is growing rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
About the role
Inca Networks is well-positioned in the digital video space as a leader of intelligent video delivery. To help reach new markets and expand our customer base in this rapidly changing industry, Inca is planning new and exciting developments to our product roadmap. Reaching our next set of milestones will require significant growth to our software development team and with this in mind, we need a Software Development Manager to lead that growth.
You will lead, manage and inspire our software development team. The ideal candidate will help groom and grow talent to be the best they can be, and cultivate a culture where everyone exhibits leadership behaviour. These skills are paired with strong technical chops – backed by a track record of scaling complex, massively distributed, and highly available software services.
You will lead and reinforce company values and culture in day-to-day behaviours, management style, and expectations of team members. You will be looked upon to inspire confidence and add leadership strength to the R&D department.
The role will:
- Attract, hire, and retain/develop top-notch engineering talent
- Support developers in their career development and ensuring they have the tools and resources to perform their job
- Setting standards and applying best practices to improve engineering processes and the delivery of quality products
- Define and implement processes to achieve the availability of solutions as quickly as possible while still ensuring great quality
- Manage architecture and development process for Inca’s video delivery software and a new cloud-based platform
- Drive the program execution of the software from product definition through successful release, and ensure effective transfer to the support team
- Facilitate negotiations between stakeholders, product owners, and development in order to surface highest priority work and protect and support the team’s roadmap
- Help the team deliver software in the most effective way possible and facilitate ongoing retrospectives for continuous improvement
- Continually grow, learn, and share as we strive to keep pushing our boundaries
- Foster a culture of innovation
A bit about you:
- You are a people manager first and foremost but have a technical background building and deploying complex software applications
- You still write code, but realize that your biggest contributions are in growing and supporting people
- You have experience creating collaborative and engaged teams through positive mentoring/coaching and other innovative strategies
- You have experience managing and inspiring a technical staff at various levels and disciplines
- You have the ability to instill passion for quality and best practices
- When faced with complex challenges, your reflex is simplification and transparency
- You have the ability to look at solutions in unconventional ways and often identify opportunities to innovate in execution
- You bridge communication gaps and keep an eye on the big picture so others have room to focus on the art of their crafts
- You find yourself to be in a constant state of learning
- You have senior engineering skills that closely align with our tech stack: C/C++, PHP, Python, Java, and more
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 8+ years of prior experience in shipping quality software as a top-notch engineer
- 6+ years as a proven leader, managing a team and/or scaling an organization with a high standard of excellence
- The ability to experiment with, grasp and integrate new technologies quickly
- Proven ability to work through organizations and teams with very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Mature business judgment and balancing conflicting priorities
- Highly effective collaborative skills in challenging environments or under challenging circumstances
- Strong self-awareness. Effectively employs a variety of leadership styles with teams and individuals to maximize results, motivation and employee engagement
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and H.264 Codecs, Video Transcoding and Encoding, MPEG-2 Transport Stream, Video streaming, ABR, HLS, MPEG-DASH
- Hobbies that include Raspberry Pi, Roku, MythTV, XBMC, Kodi, FFMPEG or VLC, and experimenting with Linux
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Inca:
Inca Networks is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Perks of the Job
The work each Incan does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at Inca is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!