Founded in 1926, WISI provides carrier-grade video delivery solutions with a world-class user experience. Our industry-leading intelligent video transcoding, streaming, and monitoring platforms are designed and manufactured in-house. Inca has an extensive list of customers all over the world and our product roadmap is growing rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
About the role
You will join the development team as a software engineer to design and build high-performance video delivery solutions. We are a small team of dedicated, passionate individuals who work hard and work smart to deliver high-quality products.
You are passionate about technology and have worked previously in the video processing industry. You have experience with a variety of programming languages and technologies and aren’t afraid to try a new one. You like solving complex challenges and innovating new solutions.
- Work on the cutting-edge technology to further develop our advanced video processing technology
- Coordinate with the CTO and/or Product Management on current programming tasks
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and embedded applications built on Inca Networks technologies
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Design and implement tools and processes for continuous integration of the software products
- Produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code
- Develop repeatable scientific test methods and tools for performance and load testing of company products and prototypes and quality assurance initiatives
- Analyze test results to identify issues and opportunities and characterize hardware and software performance to aid in business planning, new product discovery and product improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
- Min 5 years of professional experience in software development
- Use the technology stack that includes but not limited
Knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Firm understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and implementation, complexity analysis, and problem-solving
- Knowledge of SQL and
noSQLdatabases, including postgres, redis, influxdb, mysql
- Understanding of software development best practices and experience with unit testing, using version control systems (Git), and continuous integration
- Ability to solve complex problems independently, as well as part of multiple teams on overlapping projects
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
Bonus Points for:
- Working knowledge of various conditional access/video/audio codec and streaming protocols including MPEG-4 AVC, HEVC, HLS, MPEG-DASH, Dolby Digital
- Working knowledge of various video broadcast standards (ATSC,
DVB ,NTSC, PAL)
- Experience with various embedded processor architectures
- Experience in web technologies utilizing microservices and REST
- A sense of
humour, a slight addiction to coffee.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to email@example.com.
Working at WISI:
WISI America is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Perks of the Job
The work each person does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at WISI is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!