Inca Networks Inc.
Founded in 2008, Inca Networks designs and manufactures high-performance video delivery solutions. Our equipment can be found in cable, telco and internet companies worldwide, providing 24/7 operation of live transcoded video content. Our industry-leading intelligent video transcoding, streaming, and monitoring platforms are reinventing video delivery by providing high reliability through powerful yet easy-to-use administration tools.
Well-positioned in the digital video space, we are looking to leverage our parent company’s support along with our proprietary products to reach new markets and expand our customer base worldwide.
The company is located in Pitt Meadows, a suburb of
About the role
With a recent expansion of our development team, maintaining quality is paramount. We require an experienced Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about leveraging automation technologies to accelerate and guarantee the delivery of high-quality products.
The role will:
- Design, develop, and maintain an automated test framework and infrastructure
- Write scripts and code to automate testing and create tools so a developer can test their own code
- Identify gaps in test coverage and develop guidelines that encourage better testing
- Define best practices for achieving higher test reliability and speed
- Conduct market research to identify and implement new automation test tools
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews
- Work with software engineers to prevent software defects by attending requirements reviews and architectural/design reviews every sprint iteration
A bit about you:
- You have acute attention to detail
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis
- You have the ability to instill a passion for quality and best practices
- When faced with complex challenges, your reflex is simplification and transparency
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent role related experience
- 3+ years of experience developing test automation in C/C++, Java, Python or shell
- Experience building continuous integration solutions
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and general networking concepts
- Proven ability to work through organizations and teams with very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Extensive knowledge
inquality assurance and testing methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and H.264 Codecs, Video Transcoding and Encoding, MPEG-2 Transport Stream, Video streaming, ABR, HLS, MPEG-DASH
- Hobbies that include Raspberry Pi, Roku, MythTV, XBMC, Kodi, FFMPEG or VLC, and experimenting with Linux
- Experience working with embedded and real-time systems
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to email@example.com.
Working at Inca:
Inca Networks is proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience.
Perks of the Job
The work each Incan does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at Inca is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!