Inca Networks Inc.
Inca Networks provides carrier-grade video delivery solutions with a world-class user experience. Founded in 2008, our intelligent transcoding, streaming, and monitoring platforms are deployed in over 200 customer sites in North America.
In 2015 Inca Networks became a division of WISI Communications, based in Germany, which has helped us to expand our product offering and strengthen our global reach. We are a team of dedicated, passionate individuals who work hard and work smart to deliver high-quality products.
Inca’s company headquarters is located in Pitt Meadows, BC, a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
About the role
Inca is looking for an experienced technical writer to help us maintain customer facing technical documentation such as user manuals and quick start guides. The successful candidate should be organized, detail-oriented and a team player. This is a full-time position working at our headquarters in Pitt Meadows.
- Maintain customer facing technical documents and user manuals for Inca products.
- Develop and deploy a process for writing, reviewing and approving technical documentation. The process should be repeatable to help ensure that user manual releases are in sync with software releases
- Plan documentation changes with a long-term view: define and maintain a consistent voice suitable for the target audience, optimize content while ensuring a logical flow.
- Create technical diagrams to visualize signal flows and explain complex concepts
- Explain product configuration and features in a clear, concise and helpful manner
- Select and annotate photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate materials
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Ensure projects are completed within specified timelines
- Continuously recommend process improvements – The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter who regularly suggests new ways to increase efficiency and optimize results
- Have a technical or communications degree and equivalent work experience
3+ years technical writing experience in software/IT development companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position documenting high tech products
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences from high level stakeholders to detailed-oriented engineers
- Able to work independently, asking questions and getting support as needed
- Ability to work well within a team, constructively providing and receiving peer reviews
- Experience with document management tools such as MadCap Flare
- Experience with MS Word
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills
Note: Writing samples mandatory. This is your time to shine, show us what you got 🙂
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing customer-facing whitepapers, case studies and technical articles
- Experience in the video technology industry
- A passion for technology –sometimes you like to geek out
- A sense of humour and a slight addiction to coffee
Interested in Joining the Team?
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Inca:
Perks of the Job
The work each Incan does is important. As such, we pride ourselves on offering competitive salaries to all our employees.
Health & Dental
Staying healthy is an important part of life. We offer generous extended benefits so that you can make sure to keep in tip-top shape.
Friends and family are important. At Inca, we’ve created a culture with a flexible work/life balance to best accommodate everybody’s busy schedules.
We are firm believers in taking time to recharge. Vacation is an important part of work/life balance and we encourage all our employees to take all their “me time.”
The team at Inca is committed to developing and nurturing a great workplace culture. We make sure to take the time to set work aside and participate in fun team building events.
Close to Home
Our office is situated riverside in Pitt Meadows. Whether you’re coming from a local neighboring suburb or traveling against traffic from Vancouver, it’s sure to make your work commute a lot more relaxing!